Thursday, March 20, 2014

Linky Dinks: The monthly Blog Roll post!

It's been a rough week. I've been struck down with some sort of illness that I can't name: a tenacious migraine that won't go away, aches in my neck and back, occasional chills, coughing, sore throat, dizziness and fatigue. I have probably slept about 19 hours between yesterday and today and I am finally feeling slightly more human. I still have this incredibly annoying ache in my ear and up into the left side of my head. I have done enough research online to become a full-fledged hypochondriac and I probably should go to a doctor if this continues. But for now, I am hoping I am on the mend and with that in mind, I am trying to get a jump on all these things I need to do. Like my weekly blog post! THIS week, I am directing you to some of my favorite posts on other blogs from this past month. As always, if you have or know of a blog you think I should be following, do let me know in the comments below! I love meeting new people, online and offline, so getting to know someone via their blog is always exciting for me.

Look! No more snow!


@Jaythenerdkid/Aaminah Khan wrote this thought-provoking post about quoting versus stealing someone's words on the Internet. It's a very important piece, I think, and something that I'm sure a lot of regular bloggers worry about. Once you're done reading it, check out her other posts.

Over at Queertiques, cinephile Roger reviewed the Israeli film "Cupcakes,"  which, unfortunately, hasn't been  widely released in the states yet, but looks like loads of fun!

You should also check out Yuri Hobart's lovely blog, Bookswept, which I recently stumbled on and am so glad I did! It's a pretty simple blog -- Hobart occasionally writes short bits about herself, but usually just keeps track of the books she is reading with a nice little quote from each one. She just celebrated her 25th birthday on the 13th of March (Louise's note: the same day as my nephew's birthday, but he doesn't celebrate for religious reasons and I'm not allowed to send him a card; therefore, I must spread joy to others instead), so if you happen by, wish her a belated "happy birthday!" I like Bookswept because of how many of the books featured I have loved -- and that suggests that I might really like the others that I haven't read. :)

I'm really into root vegetables right now, though it feels like such a fall/winter thing and we really are approaching spring right now (though it may seem like it is taking forever!). So I might have to try to make this recipe from Little Dinner Party before I am craving more warm weather foods (like pasta salads & picnics). Which reminds me: I really need to do some grocery shopping!

And finally, last but not least, Ora Uzel wrote an extraordinarily thoughtful piece over at Geek Melange that considers how transgender persons are portrayed in the media, touching on everything from film to comics. It's a good read, so get on over and check it out.

Now it's time for me to attend to priorities, like my growling tummy. As always, leave your comments below!




No comments:

Post a Comment