Sunday, January 3, 2010

.best laid plans.

I had actually planned to begin the AFI project on New Year's Day, but so much was going on that it wasn't really convenient. Allowing myself to be okay with that, I thought I'd try again today...only to find that I'm an idiot and I hadn't unlocked the DVD when I checked it out. Thus, I will be returning it tomorrow and hopefully I can try checking it out again this week. Such is life.

Yesterday was Kathy's cousin's sixth birthday (same day as my sister's), so I didn't write much. We ended up going over for pizza, cake and Wii games instead. It was actually a nice, semi-relaxing day and it made me realize how long it's been since I've really allowed myself to have one of those. But now it's back to reality. This morning I received a rejection letter from a literary magazine for a story I sent them several months ago. Years of doing this has made me accept rejection (at least this kind of rejection) well, but that doesn't mean I like it. Admittedly, it sank my mood a bit and I spent most of today feeling a little blocked.

However, I am working on a new novel. *smile* I am actually happy with the idea so far but don't know exactly where it's going. I rarely work with much of an outline, which is funny because in a lot of other aspects of my life I need order. I make lists constantly and the detritus of my busy life drives me nuts for months on end until I can manage to sit down and begin to put things in some kind of order. But whenever I first start writing something, I find that I need to envision scenes and enact conversations - but I don't use outlines. The closest I've come to an outline is a list of characters and their traits.

So yes, another project. I don't mean to keep piling them onto myself, but this one appeared to me and I couldn't ignore it. Aside from that, I am back to tweaking Ordinary World - hopefully it will be for the last time. We'll see. I may just try and work on zine stuff this week and the novels, so I may refrain from blogging for a little while.

I think that's everything I have as far as an update tonight. Off I go - second star to the right and straight on 'til morning. See you soon. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment