Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Helping myself...

It's Tuesday morning and I am attempting to get through it by not focusing too much on my chills or the encroaching feeling of doom surrounding the queasy feeling in my stomach. Instead, I am trying to work - organizing children's progress notes into alphabetical order, stapling them and filing them nicely away. Last night, my girlfriend began feeling this way and it escalated into a long night of vomiting and general awfulness. For her...I apparently slept through most of it (and felt bad for it this morning). Now I am feeling sick myself, though I've been fighting it all morning. I'm hoping to at least make it from the office to the library - I sound like the Little Engine That Could, repeating "I think I can, I hope I can." Ugh, I don't know how much longer, though.

On a side note, I have been reading - of all freakin' things - a self-help book. It's not the first time, but it's one of the very few I've ever turned to. I feel sort of embarrassed by it, but at the same time, I'm actually getting something out of it.

I guess if I end up going home, I can at least get some reading time in. And if it's anything like the stomach viruses I've had before, it will last hours rather than days.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're feeling better... Something nasty has been going around for sure.

    ReplyDelete