Wednesday, March 5, 2008

.when you drop your tools and you stand alone.

I should start by saying that I am not a very political person. I vote and I certainly have some things I would stand up for. I've been to protests and rallies for these things and I would do so again. I consider myself a liberal. But no, I am not very political. I know people who keep up with politics twenty times more than I do. I'm not proud of what could be construed as apathy, but I tend to find myself drawn to other things more often than not.

Despite this fact, I think that this year is an exciting year for politics. I think that it's absolutely awe-inspiring that we have two minority candidates and not only that, that they are the ones getting the most media coverage. This morning my girlfriend had on a talk-radio show and it made me think about this year's election. It made me want to know more about what's going on with the primaries and the presidential candidates. It's hard to know where to start, though, when you know so little about politics.

On a totally unrelated note: I've actually made a little progress on the novella this week and could manage to be done by next week if I keep plugging along. I'm putting off any poetry or short story writing until this damned thing is done, seeing as how I've been working on it forever (or so it seems). I will, however, try and update this blog more often. I'm afraid, however, that I have very little to say. I haven't exactly been keeping myself social lately and this weekend I will be taking the last of my meds with no refill. My birthday is next month and so maybe I will do something slightly social for that - though nothing like last year.

"We turn not older with years, but newer every day." --Emily Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment